August 13, 2016

Finding Dory!

Every now and then? I get a request that allows me to go all out and soar.
I've been making birthday cakes for this particular family for so long, 
I think the kiddos think extra hard to come up with challenges for me.

The birthday girl requested a "Finding Dory" themed cake.
Her big brother made sure I knew to include Destiny the Whale Shark.

And she wanted chocolate cake. 

Okie dokie!


Six layers of chocolate cake, filled with chocolate buttercream, covered with vanilla buttercream.

The coral is hand painted fondant.

Destiny and Dory are fondant covered rice treats and hand painted.


Lots of modeling chocolate accents!


My son called the yellow coral the rare Swiss Cheese Coral. 


Even the back of the cake got lots of attention!


Found her! 


Happy 4th birthday, Miss Ellanor!

Thank you for letting me be a part of your day!


No comments:

Post a Comment