June 15, 2016

Flowers and Butterflies!


I've been creating this little girl's birthday cakes for several years now. She doesn't even hesitate when she makes her requests. I love a girl who knows what she wants! 

Obviously, I cannot copy a cake from a picture (that would be Stealing. And that's just Bad Form.) But I can use it as inspiration and a "spring board" for my own unique creation. 

The picture she sent me was all fondant, lots of flowers and butterflies. 
She wanted buttercream--because who wouldn't? 


Six layers of delicious chocolate cake filled with a chocolate buttercream. 
Covered with vanilla buttercream.


Lots and lots of modeling chocolate flowers!


A few fondant butterflies flitting about here and there...


The birthday girl loved it! 
She was the sweetest--she made sure that everyone at the party knew who had made her cake. 
Can't wait to see what she sends me next year!




No comments:

Post a Comment