June 15, 2016

Graduation!


Two of my favorite humans on the planet graduated from high school last week. 
I could not be more proud of them!
So, of course, I made them a cake. 
And I triple checked the spelling of "congratulations"...because don't be a cake wreck!


Since I made them share...they each got their own special bits. 
Half of the cake is delicious chocolate, and the other half is yummy vanilla--
but in delightful tie dye swirls. 
I used my new favorite French Buttercream recipe. So forgiving! And so very delicious!


Sarah is an exceptionally talented artist with a passion for photography and nature. 
I wanted her side to reflect all of those things.


Ethan is on his way to a chemistry major. He aspires to teach high school chemistry. I had no choice but to spell his name out using elements from the periodic table. And, yes, those are all real. 


I hand painted fondant "photographs" based off of a few of Sarah's Instagram photos. 
Her childhood dog, Buddy, had to be included. 


Ethan had the honor and esteemed privilege of serving as Drum Major for marching band his senior year. One of my favorite pictures of him is him looking very fierce in his plumed head gear. 


I dug out my palette knife for the sunflowers. 
Getting to blend old talents with new. This is my happy place.

Congratulations, you twos! 
Love you both...to the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment